Saturday, June 22, 2013

Blue & Green with a Splash of Mix media

Who doesn't love a challenge?
I do! I do! :)  I was super excited when I read about the blue&green challenge at SOG community  and was even more excited when I found out I can enter the same card in their monthly sketch challenge!  Whoo hoo! I am new to these challenges (does it show LOL )still learning how to navigate them, but am loving every minute creating one of kind cards and meeting new people of like minds. :)  Loving it!

Back to my card....I created my card using SOG  Sneaky Boy Tobie digi stamp and played with non-traditional papers for creating the layers on my card.  I really wanted something different, brighter, textures and sturdier.  I colored the digi with my Copic sketch markers using only blues and greens..well except the skin. :)  He is a cheeky little guy so finding the right sentiment was a challenge in itself...however I dug around my stash for stamps no luck there.  I searched the internet for digi cuts and found the perfect sentiment at the Silhouette site. I have never cut words so tiny before on my Cameo so that was interesting and thank goodness I remembered to use scrap paper while testing (I had several test runs LOL ).  Eventually I did figured out!  I was able to get my sentiment cut out and look good.  Played around with it on the card and I felt it needed something more.  I wanted to add some mix media in there but it had to be subtle.  To make the words stand out I sprayed some tags.  Once you spray tags it is amazing to see how the fibers of the paper react to the sprays and vice versa.  It made the card more interesting with the texture and different shades of blue on the wording.  I added little metal stars, they were grey at first but then I smudged some Inka Blue Gold on them, if you are a mix media lover you have to try the Inka Gold product.  That was a lot of fun! :)

Hope you like my card for SOG blue & green weekly challenge plus the monthly sketch challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Hiya Paola. I really love this card, it's great to see it here too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! Great guy card! Thanks for joining the SOG challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rachel! I had a lot of fun putting this one together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute & fun! Love the color combo, too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at SOG. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paola! This is amazing! I especially love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along at SOG's sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Template designed by Rainy Day