Monday, November 11, 2013

Project Life has arrived at My Whimsical Little World!

I have always been interested in scrap-booking but have never been able to commit to working through an entire album.  It just seemed like a lot of work. I figured that I would easily lose interest....about after a day lol.  I know I am not alone in this regard. Come on now... time to fess up. :)   
Then, wouldn't you know it, along came Becky Higgins with Project Life! God Bless Becky!
Finally a system for those of us who have little time and, let's admit it, short attention spans. When I picture scrap-booking in my mind I just see lots of repetitious cutting and framing.  It's tedious work and, no offense to serious scrap-bookers, a little boring. Well let me tell you that Project life is anything but boring!  Unleash your creativity! Let it out! Spend just half an hour or a full week on a page. In either case, you will create something amazing, and you won't be bored for a second. The sky's the limit with this system!   There is so much variety and style.  You can use pockets of sequins for some glimmer, or just add a single picture, or maybe add one or two pictures with the rest journaling.  You can construct it whatever way you like! I really do love the freedom of just letting go. It makes it feel a lot like mixed media...just let it go and create! :) I like that! :)
Tada!
I am VERY happy and excited that Project Life has made its way to My Whimsical Little World!
You can now purchase kits, page embellishments and so much more!
Follow along at My Whimsical Little World as we work on pages to fill our albums.  
I will be giving out bi-weekly prompts and sharing my process for creating pages using photographs, digi stamps, and embellishments.  I will share info on the tools I use to make it even easier to create beautiful pages. I will also give tips on organizing your Project Life stash. If you would like to follow along, head on over to the Facebook group, or if you like you can follow along here and comment or post your questions. :)  I would love to hear from you and see some of your pages! :)
Here we go!
First 2 pages
Prompt --My Favorite Book and Reasons Why.  I have been wanting so long to journal my thoughts and feelings about my favorite book and what it means to me. I cannot wait to share it with all of you.
Color palette --yellow, turquoise, pink, cream. For these two pages I am using the Becky Higgins Maggie Holmes Flea Market mini kit. 
If you don't have this kit you can still follow along and find these colors in your stash of paper and cut to size. You will need 4x6 cards and 3x4 cards amount depends on what types of pages you are using.

https://www.facebook.com/MyWhimsicalLittleWorld 
  video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day