Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Project Life Challenge "My Favorite Book"

You have heard and read me say that Challenges I love!  I think it is the deadline..or maybe perhaps its the focus that is needed to complete the challenge that thrills me.  What ever the reason ...I love it!  I was super excited and could not wait to get started on this challenge.  I was inspired to create a two page layout for my Project Life all about my favorite book "Jane Eyre".  The only planning I had done ahead of time was choosing my book, my BH Project Life Mini Kit and I knew that I wanted to incorporate Some Odd Girls digi stamps.  I simply love her stamps on my projects! 
It took a  couple weeks to create the two pages...as I said I had no set plan on what I was going to do or how I was going to go about it.  I only knew I was going to treat it like an art piece.  I would let it take shape on its own and when inspiration hit me I would just go with it.  Sometimes not having a plan scares me, but I have noticed in my work that the less planning I do the more I enjoy the process and the finished project turns better than expected.  If you can't tell already ...I am super proud of my pages!  I wanted to bring the book and my life together.  This book teaches you about strength and to never give up no matter what.  To hold your head high.  To remember that you will fall, but you must get up and try again.  Have faith and hope that it will be okay.  Jane Eyre is an incredible inspiration and role model.  She is a survivor!   I admire her strength and the authors brilliance in creating such a strong woman for years to come.

In creating the pages I used the Project Life Maggie Holmes Flea Market Kit (mini) as well as the ephemera and chipboard that went with the flea market set.  I worked on 12x12  page protectors from Project Life.  As I mentioned I pulled 2 digi stamps from Some Odd Girl ..by the way thank you ever so much to the ladies at the forum for your help.  I was lost on which digi to use for my layout and some wonderful ladies came  to my rescue and helped choose the perfect digi to represent Jane Eyre "Gaze".
I Printed all my words using the printer by creating a template in CS5.  The images where printed on my Canon Selphy (if you keep scrolling down I have a post all about how wonderful the Selphy is).

Below is final video of my Challenge.  If you would like to see the other videos on product I used and thought process please check out my YouTube channel My Whimsical Little World.  


 
Some odd girl
Some odd girl
















Hugs
Paola :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day