Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines! :)

Found some time to sit and relax with my Copics this past couple of weeks.  I had forgotten how relaxing Copics truly are.

This weeks project!  Valentine cards :) I very much wanted to make a card for my husband this Valentines and I wanted it to be a Pop-up card. Pop-up cards are so much fun! The problem was in design and execution LOL.  I have never designed  a Pop-up card with more than 1 pop up LOL.  I pictured the card perfectly in my mind...worked out the details in SDE (Silhouette Designer Edition program) and made a prototype before going forward and making the commitment to glue anything down :) .   Paper is precious LOL.  I also wanted to bring in some color and break the white so I inked up some clouds on my background with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and the back side of a cloud.  I also used Tattered Angels spray to dab some color here and there because to have a cloud background on the bottom part of the card made no sense to me, had to break the white :) .  The digis I chose were Cupid Mae and LOVE from SOG (Some Odd Girl). Cupid Mae is such a beautiful stamp!  Love the little hearts and flowing hair...perfect that Kristy the designer created the creases and left no guess work where I should place the creases.  I knew right away I wanted her on a cloud, just wasn't sure how :) .  The clouds were purchased in Silhouette Store, I could have made them but was excited to finish the card LOL.  I inked the side of the card (white only).  I streaked Stickles on the tops of the clouds for highlights.  I used Copic Spica Glitter pens on Cupid Mae, a girl needs sparkle :) .
The Love sign was used as a balloon so I need to have the first part of my sentence on the front of the card.. Be MY.  First lesson learned is that the Cameo does NOT like Glitter paper from Michael's :( .
Here it is my Valentine for my wonderful husband!
Some Odd Girl  

This second Valentine is also a Pop Up card. This card was also fun to create and color! The digis are from Some Odd Girl Hand Holding Mae & Kody.  I designed the card in SDE as well as many of the elements.   I purchased the heart banner and grass at the Silhouette store. All the elements were shaded with Tim Holtz distress ink.  What would Valentines be without a little sparkle!  Sadly it does not show in the picture but the flowers and clouds are highlighted with Stickles! :)
If you are interested in the template for the card and elements I designed, just leave a comment and I would be more than happy to share.
Some Odd Girl





Love the pop up effect, very playful!
hugs
Paola :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day