Thursday, April 3, 2014

April Showers...bring May flowers :)

I hope you are all enjoying a beautiful day!  It is sunny but still a bit chilly in the Ottawa Valley,  not so bad that I can't fit in my walks though. :)  So looking forward to when the snow is gone, the flowers bloom, and the rain washes away all the dust left behind from the brutal winter we had.  Until then I will imagine and live through projects in my studio.

Today's Mix Media creation I made especially for the April Showers Challenge going on right now at the Some Odd Girl Facebook Group. Post your creation at the Some Odd Girl Facebook group and don't forget to link up at the Linky Party at the Some Odd Girl blog.
 I created Oh Happy Day with digis Puddle hopping Tia & Rainy Mae.  The sentiment  is clear stamp Happy Day.  The girls were colored with my Copics.  Sadly you can't see it in the image, but I applied Copic Spica Glitter to their boots and just a bit on the puddle.  For Tia's polka dots on her umbrella, I used liquid pearls, just because I love texture. :) You can never have too much texture!

 I didn't just want to place the sentiment on to my project.  I wanted it to have a hanging look, so I punched out some tiny holes and used Blue Bamboo Twine from the Odd & Ends section of the Some Odd Girl Shop.

To protect all of my mix media projects from fading my final layer is a coat of Modge Podge.
Joined in the fun at Paper Issues Link up! Theme is POCKET FULL OF SUNSHINE
Hugs
  Paola :)

     

4 comments:

  1. How fun is this ?!?!!
    Love it!!
    FAB coloring ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN!! Makes me want to go stomp in a rain puddle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Judy! :) I just love puddles..can't resist going through them or jumping in them LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

Template designed by Rainy Day