Monday, April 7, 2014

New release Bunny Girl Gwen at Some Odd Girl!

Hi everyone!
Paola here with a very cute Easter canvas bag featuring Some Odd Girls April's new release clear stamp set, "Bunny Girl Gwen"!  I love mix media and I love it when Kristy’s stamps inspire me to push myself to create something using everything in my studio.
First I had to make my Easter bag from canvas material.  Before I even began to paint I had to lay down a layer of gesso to prepare the canvas, and then off I went with my acrylic paints and tackled the background.  I used my gel pens to doodle and my Copics to color in  Bunny Girl Gwen.  I modge-podged Gwen to give her a shine and make her hold up as the kids run around looking for eggs. Then I adhered her to the bag with interface just to give her a bit more dimension than the other elements.
The heart on the handle is also part of the Bunny Girl Gwen stamp set. I attached it with a very tiny brad to the handle.  The sentiment "You're a bunny girl!" on the clouds is one of three that comes with Bunny Girl Gwen.
someoddgirl,canvasart,art,mixmedia,copics,copic,paolajofre,some odd girl,silhouettecameo,easter
Check out Some Odd Girl Blog for inspiration and challenges. Also join in the fun at the Some Odd Girl Facebook group!

Don't forget to sign up for the Some Odd Girl Newsletter to keep up to speed on tips & tricks, flash sales and so much more! :)
http://www.someoddgirl.com/index.php/newsletter#.U0IGz8drUnI
Hugs
   Paola :)

4 comments:

  1. OH MY .... awesome project!!
    This is so FUN!! So bright and colorful! wow! wow! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW!!!! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Template designed by Rainy Day