Friday, April 25, 2014

Painting on T-shirts...oh my! :)

This is a first for me! So please be gentle.  :)
I have painted on various items, canvases, canvas bags, wood, plastic, paper even a face.  LOL :)  I have never painted on a t-shirt though.  I just had to try it! 
First thing was to make a stencil.  I had to make sure the paint did not go under the stencil so I used freezer paper as my stencil. One side is wax and the other is not, once you iron on it it will temporarily adhere to the fabric.  Regular wax paper will not work as the wax will get sticky on your iron and it will not adhere as well as freezer paper.

someoddgirl, some odd girl, paint,fabricpaint, t-shirt, fabric , crafting, craft, paolajofre,mywhimsicallittleworld

 I then used my Silhouette Cameo to make a stencil with Some Odd Girls pear digi stamps Anjou and sentiment Have a Pearfect Day! 
You have to be careful when cutting the freezer paper with your cutting machine, make sure the shiny side is facing you. Otherwise your paper won't cut, the blade will just drag it.
I then ironed on my stencil. I placed paper over the stencil as I ironed and made sure it was not set to steam.  It does not take long at all to get it to stick.

Then I used some white fabric paint and made sure to go outside the lines to give it a grunge look. 
someoddgirl,paolajofre,mywhimsicallittleworld,crafting,craft,fabricpaint,digistamp

Next step I peeled my freezer paper off and Voila! If you want you can leave it as.  I needed some color, so I started to mix some fabric paints to create some colors to paint in the pear.  I also used a sea sponge to create the orange splatters hear and there.

Fun project! Quick and easy! Give it a try and let me know how yours turns out.  I would love to hear from you and would love support by having you pin my pics. Thank you :) 

Join in the Some Odd Girl Facebook Group for some truly inspiring creations, tips and just hanging out and having fun! :)

Just a few more days left for the Wishy Washi April Challenge at the Some Odd Girl Blog! Go and link up your project! 


Hugs
Paola :)

5 comments:

  1. That is so flippin cool girl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool technique, Paola!! So clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neenie! :) It was a lot of fun to make ..can't take credit for the idea ....its been around for years :)

      Delete
  3. Finished product looks great Paola! :)

    ReplyDelete

Template designed by Rainy Day