Monday, June 16, 2014

Playing with hair Summer Journal

I really had a lot of fun with the challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps Facebook group.  The hair had to be a different color or colors.  Now that is a challenge for me1  I really wanted to give her pink hair but it would not go with my papers that I needed to use for the project I had in mind. So I stayed in the pink family but went a little darker using the C7 to shadow the hair.  She turned out super cute! I am really pleased with the results and the next one I will use two colors...that's right two colors! I can do this. :)

I used Polka dot pal Amy and add on faces.  I am still practicing that amazing freehand technique.  Sometimes I just like to have it done for me. :)

I knew that I wanted to make a journal for my daughter so that she could  write down her summer adventures.  I used a mole skin journal and decorated the front using Bo Bunny paper* (modern days) and die cuts from Taylored Expressions*.  I think she is going to like it and I hope she does not run out of pages, because I plan on keeping her very busy this summer. :)

Hugs
Paola
*Bo bunny paper and Taylored Expressions die cuts( fence and hill)  are available in the studio.  Message me for details.

4 comments:

  1. You can do this! Fab little journal for your daughter. I hope she loves the hair as much as I do :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try again with a lighter pink this time :) Me too...I hope she loves it! :) :) I think she will :) :) Thank you Faye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very cute! I love the pink hair and think your daughter will have fun filling this up over the summer. Great project! So glad you joined us for the funky hair challenge at LMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Kathy! Me too ..I had a lot of fun coloring her and making this journal :)

    ReplyDelete

Template designed by Rainy Day