Sunday, July 27, 2014

Part One Some Odd Girl 11x14 Canvas

This is the first time I have taken a digi and printed it big enough to fill an 11x14 canvas. I am excited and cannot wait to see the finished product. The hardest part was not being able to print it on watercolor paper or, at the very least, mixed media paper. Alas, the printer would not take it. so I printed it on paper that is a bit thinner than cardstock but heavy enough to take some abuse of product. It has also been a while since I painted and I will admit I was a bit nervous that I would not do justice to Kristy's digi Sway Mae.


I started to play with it using my water color crayons but the paper did not like it...so I had to mix it up with some white acrylic paint to toughen up the paper and then wait a bit for it to naturally dry so that fibers would not break on me. Eventually I was able to work the layers in. It felt great to paint again and it felt even greater that I made Sway Mae look good.



 Now this project is still not done...it takes time.  A lot of layers and of course more color.  I think I will pull out my Inktense blocks to add some depth.  I hope you come back during the week to see what new digis I pulled from the Some Odd Girl shop to include on my canvas. 

http://www.someoddgirlblog.com/

Stop on over at the Some Odd Girl Facebook group for some inspiration and challenges

Hugs
Paola

4 comments:

  1. Aaaawesome, Paola!! Can't wait to see this!!!
    Fab coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lenny! :) Almost done..getting there :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this I really can't wait to see what you do with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krystal! :) Part Two is up :)

      Delete

Template designed by Rainy Day