Monday, October 27, 2014

Trick Or Treat With The ODD GIRLS!

We’d like to welcome you to Some Odd Girl‘s 2nd annual Trick or Treat Halloween Hop!


Thank you so much for joining us!  All of the Odd Girls have concocted a creepy little creation to inspire you today, and you’re invited to visit each blog to see what’s been brewing!   You might have arrived from The Some Odd Girl’s blog – if so, you’re on the right track!  If not, you’ll want to CLICK HERE to get things started, because you won’t want to miss a thing!
We’ll be sharing some of these pretties are the Some Odd Girl blog over the next few days, but TODAY, we kick things off!  So you might be wondering what this Trick or Treat stuff is all about, yeah?  Well, in addition to amazing papercrafty goodness you’ll see at each stop, you’ll get tricks along the way, too!  Simple tips and tricks to little secrets we papercrafters have figured out that we want to share with you!  That covers the Tricks.

And then there are TREATS! 
Made a cute Halloween decoration with digi stamp "Witchy Mae".  Need some bling for project but you only have clear rhinestones on hand?  With Copic markers you can now have any color rhinestone imaginable.  If you want the color to be richer, wait for the ink to dry and add another layer of color.

As you hop, you’ll come across some Treats, located at random Odd Girls‘ blogs.  We have some clear stamps, some Odds & Ends, some digi stamps and lots and lots of inspiration for you!  AND, as if that wasn’t exciting already, we have a discount code for you!
Be sure to leave a comment at each stop, and if YOU have any tricks you’d like to share, we’d love to hear them!  There might just be a prize in it for one commenter who leaves us a trick!  Okay.  So have you got all that?  Are you ready?  Well allllll righty!  LET’S HOP!   Here’s your hop order:

And there you have it!  We will hop now through October 31st at midnight Eastern, and our winners will be announced back here on the Some Odd Girl blog on Monday, November 3rd.  Happy Haunting – I mean HOPPING!  :)  Your next stop is Mary Pat !
And a very Happy Halloween from all of us at Some Odd Girl!

33 comments:

  1. GIRL I adore your decor. It looks soooo KOOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Awesome Halloween decoration!! Love, love, love!!
    Spooky fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow , wow, this is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Im not to big on scary Halloween so this would be perfect for my decor!

    And thank you so much for the tip on the rhinestones, I never would have thought of it. Though I do have a trick that is a bit similar. If I'm short on funds instead of trying to purchase flowers in every color I will buy plain white flowers and then color them with my Copics to match the project that I am working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! :) :) I do the same thing too :) ....sometimes you can't get the right shade flower and the Copics come in handy. :)

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the frame with it, great Halloween Decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous frame! So cute! I love it!

    hugs,
    Jo:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this isn't a second comment, but if it is it is only because I LOVE this so much. Great job Paola!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...gorgeous...loved your frame!!! Hugs, Laila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Just thought of a trick I wanted to share about rhinestones. If you want to make rhinestones, brads, or even enamel dots glittery or change the color if you don't have alcohol markers you can take some versa mark and ink it over the rhinestones/brads/enamel dots and then sprinkle embossing powder over them and heat set. It gives them a whole different and fun effect ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Charity! :) and thank you for sharing your awesome tip! :) :)

      Delete
  10. Great looking card,
    lovely frame.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your coloring! Great project too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wouw You really did a nice job on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I rode my broom to get here. Thanks for featuring me in the picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you cracked me up Marlouh! :) :) too cute! :)

      Delete
  14. I love this, so cute! I love coloring my clear rhinestones with alcohol ink! I will also color clear shrinky dink with alcohol ink as well, after I have "die cut" cute items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shrinky Dinks are so much fun! So many things you can make with them..I love making charms for pencils cases. :) :)

      Delete
  15. What a Fabulous Decoration, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome Halloween decoration and perfect sentiment! I love making my own enamel dots from perler beads.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love your project!! I've colored up that witchy image and she is so much fun!! Love your trick too, I've tried that and it works perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Witchy Mae" is so stinkin CUTE! and she looks perfect in that frame :-) Your trick for coloring clear rhinestones is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute! I pretty much stopped buying colored embellies a while ago. I also go with white or clear (usually cheaper, too) and then color with my alcohol markers. Even ribbon I've pretty much limited to white.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the purple bow and ribbon in the corner. Also love your coloring. I make my own glue dots using Aleen's Tack It Over & Over. Place drops (whatever size you'd like) on a sheet of wax paper. Let dry to tacky. Never run out of dots again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that you put the stamp in a frame. I change out material on my corkboard to change with the seasons or room décor.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous decoration and I love the color-your -own being technique. Makes it so easy to match.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome decoration and great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this project especially the great frame!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome decoration! Love the frame n of course the witchy Mae!

    ReplyDelete

Template designed by Rainy Day