Thursday, November 6, 2014

Bundle Of Joy Newborn Digi Stamp Just Arrived At My Whimsical Little World

I really wanted to have this adorable "Bundle of Joy" digi of a newborn introduced all on its own, because it is very special to me.  Before I became ill,  I was a children's photographer and a photography mentor.

Just before I hit rock bottom with dysphagia, I took a newborn workshop with my dear friend Lisa Rapp in Toronto.  I will never forget that weekend.  It took everything I had inside of me to be there.  I knew deep down in my heart that it would be the last photography workshop I would attend and that I would be hanging up my camera soon. I mustered up all my strength to get to this workshop and learn all that I could about newborn photography and meet Lisa in person for the first time.   Lisa happens to be a newborn photographer and owner of Little Chics Pics photography.  We had talked and laughed plenty before this moment..but we were very lucky that we got to meet.  (See Paul, we did not abduct your wife and make her a sister wife. LOL)

It was a great weekend.  My favorite part was photographing the newborn babies.  My hope was to come back to the valley and specialize in that area.  Well, life had other plans for me and I had no say.  I hung up my camera and pulled up a pencil and brush.  However...Lisa  went forward and she is now a very talented newborn photographer.  She has come a long way.  Her first gigs were to shoot chickens and  she also had a knack for making them fall asleep.  Lisa...it was a good thing you finally took a pic!  Look at what you are doing now.  Amazing!  Lisa's work with newborns is breathtaking and inspiring.  I am honored to be her friend and that I was able to mentor her.  

This workshop was our stepping stone....I am so happy that Lisa was able to go forward.  I am in awe when I see one of Lisa's babies turn up on my news feed.  I was really blown when I saw this image of a baby curled up and snuggled with a bear in a fur blanket.  I was inspired and could not sleep until I had a rough sketch drawn out.  I was also trying hard to keep it a secret from her and surprise her..but I am a kid at heart and I just had to let the cat out of the bag. :)  Stop by her page Little Chics Pics and show her some love...I promise you won't be disappointed. 

Here is the image that inspired me to draw a "Bundle of Joy" digi stamp.  Absolutely magical!
Image courtesy of Little Chics Pics Photography

And here is my interpretation of Lisa's newborn baby.


Some of the MWLW DT members also had some fun with the new "Bundle of Joy" digi stamp.
Click on their name to see more of their work.


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you like what you see.  If you do, I hope you will pin and share  where you hang out.  My Whimsical Little World is a new digi company. I would love it and appreciate it if you could spread the word.

Hugs
Paola :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute digi! I love seeing the inspiration pic that created the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Template designed by Rainy Day