Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Coffee Filter Flowers and Some Odd Girl Garden Gwen

Hi Oddies,
Paola here! :)
It is freezing and the snow is slowly making its way in our area.  I am missing all the pretty colors of the flowers.  I thought I would bring a bit of color in to the studio and make some paper flowers for my Garden Gwen tag.  I used a  die cut for the flower.  I also used Bamboo Twine from the Odd's & End's shop at Some Odd Girl.

 Items you will need
Garden Gwen clear stamp set
Coffee filters
Sprays
Heat gun
Versa Mark
Glue
Kraft sheet


To create the flowers I use a die cut, but for a more organic feel you can cut your own loop. You will get a different type of flower each time.   You will need coffee filters and sprays of your choice.



Lay your flower unrolled on the kraft sheet and spray.  The more you spray the darker the flower. I like the speckled look, so I keep a distance and spray a couple of times.


Next you have to wait for them to dry. Don’t use a heat gun because the paper is so thin the heat gun will burn the flowers.
Once dry roll them up and gently squish them onto the Versa mark.



Then apply clear emboss with long tweezers. Heat-set from a distance so as not to burn the flowers. Let them cool and then you can adhere them to your project.


Hope you liked my quick tutorial on making some coffee filter flowers.

Make sure to stop by the Some Odd Girl Facebook group to join this week's challenge and participate in the conversation.

Also don’t forget to link up for your chance to be spotlighted for the blog and win a digi from Some Odd Girl!

Have a creative day!


Hugs
Paola :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day