Monday, February 16, 2015

MWLW Digi Release, tutorial and a Special Video Show and Tell

Here we go!  My Whimsical Little World has lots to share with you this week: digis, tutorials and a video show and tell.  First on our blog is a special video show and tell.  I made a valentine card album for a friend and it took me sometime to make.  I am so happy that I was able to finish it for her.  Now I can send it to her....a little late LOL.  Some of you  may have seen on our FB group wall my comment about recycling an orange crate...well today I am sharing a picture tutorial of what I did with it, and then of course we have our digi release.  Three adorable Gnomes.  Next to "Sherlock Gnomes"( released the first week of February) ..."Gnome and a Away" is my favorite.   Love the playfulness!  We also have our "Gnome Place Like Gnome", who tends to his garden and makes a great addition to a card or office decor.  Third digi is our "Swinging Gnome". He is having have too much fun on the swing.  My Whimsical Little World design team created beautiful projects this week.  Love each one of them!  Scroll down to see what they have made with  "Gnome and a Away", "Gnome Place Like Gnome" and "Swinging Gnome". 
To view the tutorial keep scrolling. :)

Click on the video to see the Valentine card album and a sneak peek of a digi being released in April. 

Don't forget to click on the team member's name to visit their blog. :)



Paola
 


Janet

 Martha

Recycled Orange Crate Desk Organizer Stand
Step 1
You need a mandarin crate.
Step 2
Cork board organizer I bought at Michaels.  You will also have to cut of the end of the organizer with a box knife so that it will fit the width of the crate. Using chip board, minding the diagonal lines. Cut a piece to finish the open side.

Step 3
Chip board..you need a smooth surface, measure all sides of the crate and cut the sides and top out of chipboard.

Step 4
Select your paper and measure and cut your pieces for both the crate box and cork board organizer. I used Mister Fox from Kaiser that I purchased from The Embellished connection.
 Make sure that you glue your paper sides first and glue the top piece last making sure it covers any unevenness.  The crate is far from perfect. LOL  I also used Tim Holtz distress inks for all the sides.  The legs were painted with black paint.   Now I am on the hunt for a handle or perhaps I may just make one :) :)
Hope you like the tutorial and that it has inspired you to recycle something. This was a fast and easy project. Only thing that took long was allowing the glue to really set.  

Stop by My Whimsical Little World's Facebook group to join in some fun games...this week we are having some IQ fun. :)  Kinda of tricky but loads of fun. :) as well as getting details on our progressive challenge coming up in March 2.  

Have you grabbed your free digi for the month of February?

http://mywhimsicallittleworld.blogspot.ca/p/freebies.html

Have a creative week!
Hugs
Paola :)

4 comments:

  1. Paola, that crate is AMAZING!! When can I expect it in the mail??? hahahaha Great tutorial too, loved it!

    Amazing makes this week ladies- you all rocked it!

    Amy
    DT~Sis
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you Amy! :) LOL :) :) So happy that you like it! :) :) Beautiful creations!

      Delete
  2. wow what a fabulous recycling idea Paola!!! Love that you used a digi on it... I never think of doing stuff like this. Love all the makes with this fab release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you Vicky! I saw some at the grocers again and thought to make another LOL but this time for a friend. :) The team did an awesome job! :) :)

      Delete

Template designed by Rainy Day